Sunday, August 23, 2015

Favorite author

My favorite author is Margaret Jensen. I learned about her books when my husband was working at Moody Bible Institute years ago. Everyone was reading her books. Margaret Jensen was a pastor's daughter. Her writing style is easy to read, you will laugh and cry with her. Her first book- First We Have Coffee, I knew of many of the places in Chicago that she talked about. Her next book was, Lena, a black cook that she worked with at the college where she was school nurse. Lena was a prayer warrior and encouraged her concerning one of her sons that was unsaved. This is a book I've read many times, when I've been down or discouraged about unanswered prayer request. Violets for Mr. B, was about her many experiences as a nurse. All of these were ones that you just don't want to put down until you are finished.

1 comment:

  1. I read that book (and own it) on the recommendation of an older missionary woman about 23 years ago. It greatly influenced me. Also a book by Emilie Barnes called "Things Happen When Women Care."

    ReplyDelete